Central Time CT
As the value of data has grown, businesses have become highly aware of the need for data protection, privacy, and liability. This course provides you with the principles and practices you need to establish a data privacy and protection program for your business.
For many years, companies were able to acquire, collect, and use customer and other personal information without concern for rules, laws, and liabilities. The business world assumed that data possession was the same as data ownership. That’s no longer true.
The frequent occurrence of data misuse and theft has caused companies to reexamine their approach to data protection and privacy. Most business people think little about their responsibilities when using data to support business decision making. The evolution of laws around the world focused on data protection and privacy has established a new set of responsibilities in the world of data usage and business analytics. The day is quickly approaching where companies will need to be able to manage and track data usage, data location, and customer consent.
During this class, Evan Levy will discuss the details of data privacy and protection and review the activities that go into supporting a data privacy and protection initiative in your analytics environment.
Register for our data privacy and protection fundamentals online course today!
You Will Learn
During this session, topics to be addressed include:
- Real-world examples of data protection and privacy issues and problems
- Key concepts of data privacy and protection
- The three states of data protection: storage, movement, and processing
- The phases and activities involved with data privacy/protection initiatives
- A review of key privacy legislation in the U.S. and around the world
- Chief data officers and chief analytics officers
- BI and analytics program managers and project managers
- Business sponsors
- BI and analytics developers
- Data architects and data modelers
- Data management staff