Essential Skills for BI and Analytics Professionals
Duration: Three Day Workshop
TDWI Certificate Track
Every organization, both private and public sector, is challenged today to turn data into information and information into impact. This is the age of analytics and data-driven business, but the path from data to value can be complex. The right competencies to acquire, integrate, analyze, and act upon data are essential survival skills.
Everyone who works in the field of BI and analytics, regardless of their role, needs to have a broad understanding of the many connected and interdependent parts of a complex information ecosystem. Business and technical success with BI and analytics requires continuity among all of the components from initial data acquisition to ultimate business impact and vertical cohesion of architectures, technologies, processes, and organizations. Teams are most successful in BI and analytics when they share common terminology and each team member understands and appreciates the roles and contributions of all other team members. The Essential Skills for BI and Analytics Professionals Skills workshop is designed to give you that understanding with three days of in-depth, interactive training.
Your Team Will Learn
- Dimensions, concepts, and practices of modern business intelligence
- Data management and data integration techniques as the foundation of BI and analytics
- Techniques to turn data into meaningful measures, metrics, and KPIs
- Dashboard and scorecard design and development techniques
- How analytics is applied for data-driven discovery, diagnosis, and prediction
- How big data is changing the shape of the industry
- Everyone working in the field of BI and analytics who needs a strong foundation
- BI and analytics teams that benefit by understanding the roles, responsibilities, and contributions of every team member