Visualization and Storytelling: Advanced Skills for Communicating with Data
Data visualization is a critical part of business communication today. With more data available than ever, more people are using data and analysis to inform their daily decisions. This means they need to understand and absorb the meaning of data at a glance.
Elegant and well-designed data visualizations often appear easy because skilled developers hide their hard work behind the scenes. Modern business intelligence and business analytics professionals need to communicate as effectively with visualizations as they do with their verbal and written communication skills.
The explosion of data has made data visualization a core competency for organizations as insights can no longer be derived from rows and columns. Analytical insights start and end with the story, and storytelling skills are essential for understanding the message and gaining value from the data. Data storytelling involves understanding the message and the audience, then crafting the right visuals to deliver insights to stakeholders.
The Visualization and Storytelling Skills workshop will cover essential techniques and best practices for data visualization and data storytelling over three days of in-depth, interactive training.
Your Team Will Learn
- Components of data visualization
- Choosing and using charts and graphs
- Visual data exploration and analysis
- Visual design techniques
- How to craft a great data story
- How to streamline a design for story clarity
- How to see a visualization or story from the stakeholder’s point of view
- How to leverage best practices in visual design and storytelling
- How to apply the storytelling process to case studies or specific client scenarios
- Business analysts and data analysts
- Business analytics leaders and managers
- Anyone who uses data to develop charts and graphs for communication
- Business managers, decision makers, analysts and other analytics consumers seeking to refine their skills for understanding data visualizations
- Anyone who creates data visualizations for others
- Anyone who views data visualizations created by others