Hadoop as a Modern Business Platform
Duration: One Day Course
Prerequisite: Students should be familiar with basic concepts in databases and algorithms, as well as having good programming skills. We also advise you attend the foundational courses on Hadoop and NoSQL as a prerequisite.
This course will introduce principles and foundations of distributed databases, including architecture, design issues, integrity control, query processing and optimization, transactions, and concurrency control. Explore prevalent issues in designing and implementing distributed systems and learn how to deal with the shared state between separate system processes.
Evaluate the challenges and solutions that come into play when an application consists of two or more processes that do not share a common address space. This course is technical and will discuss complex issues. We will discuss internals of Hadoop and NoSQL and will not cover foundations or other concepts in-depth in this course.
You Will Learn
- An introduction to distributed databases
- DDBMS architecture
- Distributed database design
- Leverage distributed computing models
- Cloud deployment and impact
- Semantic integrity control
- Distributed query processing and optimization
- Concurrency control and reliability
- Hadoop, NoSQL, or both
- All technical data community members