Hands-on Distributed Computing with Hadoop (NEW)
Duration: One Day Course
Prerequisite: Understanding Hadoop course or equivalent knowledge. You will need a laptop computer with specific software installed prior to the session. When you register for the class, you will receive detailed instructions for software download and installation.
Preview Course Materials
Hadoop has created a lot of buzz. From data warehousing to advanced analytics, our enterprise data and processing infrastructure is being reshaped by Hadoop technology. The question is no longer if you’ll have Hadoop, but how best to approach it for both business and technical value.
This class offers a hands-on learning experience working with the Hadoop ecosystem. Using a series of examples and exercises for each topic, you’ll experience the Hadoop tools firsthand and strengthen your learning with discussion about how to implement them.
You Will Learn
- Hadoop components and architecture
- Configuration of Hadoop
- Configuration of core components (MapReduce, HDFS, Yarn)
- Usage of Hadoop tools (HBase, Hive, Pig, Mahout, Impala)
- ZooKeeper setup and configuration
- Hadoop administration and management
- Anyone with an interest in Hadoop, ranging from “Hadoop curious” to those who are actively involved in implementation.
*Attendance is limited to 40