Prerequisite: Attendees will need a laptop computer with specific software installed before the session. In advance of the class, attendees will receive detailed software download and installation instructions.
Data Science is not just for elite Data Scientists! Any team can employ data science to analyze data and discover powerful insights into the business. This one-day intensive workshop is designed for any team with basic Microsoft Excel skills to springboard into R programming for data science.
This course provides the R programming foundation required for the following TDWI courses:
- Hands-On: Introduction to Machine Learning for Data Science with R
- Hands-On: Intermediate Machine Learning for Data Science with R
Attendees build practical, actionable skills via hands-on labs using R software. The R programming language is the fastest, the easiest way for any team to unlock data science for the following reasons:
- Excel users write code.
- Excel code is very similar to R code.
- Skills with R programming unlock machine learning.
Many Excel users do not think of themselves as writing code, but Excel skills make learning the R programming language straightforward.
Your Team Will Learn
- The history of the R programming language
- The many similarities between Excel and R
- Using the RStudio integrated development environment (IDE)
- To use Excel knowledge to work with tables of data in R
- To use Excel knowledge to work with vectors of data in R
- Mapping knowledge of Excel data formats to R data types
- Mapping knowledge of Excel functions to R functions
- How to pivot data in R
- Manufacturing data in an R table
- Selecting and filtering R table data
- How to join multiple tables of data in R
- How to visually explore data with R for crafting machine learning models
No prior skills in programming are required.
- Business and data analysts
- BI and analytics developers
- Business users
- Anyone interested in using machine learning to analyze business data
Attendees will need a laptop computer with specific software installed before the session. In advance of the class, attendees will receive detailed software download and installation instructions.