Dimensional Modeling Beyond the Basics: Intermediate and Advanced Techniques
Duration: Two Day Course
Prerequisite: All attendees should have basic knowledge about dimensional modeling AND some hands-on experience with dimensional modeling.
OK, you have done your homework. You have learned the fundamental dimensional modeling skills and you have jumped into the first, second, third . . . project…. Now what! Your modeling problems do not fit neatly into the textbook examples. Maybe you are stumped or perhaps you think you have solved the problem correctly but you need a second opinion.
This accelerated class will go beyond the fundamental questions and tackle some of the most commonly asked questions and addresses the most common mistakes that people make. This course is based on real world experience in dealing with large data volumes and very complex models. The goal of this course is to equip you with the tool and knowledge to address your complex modeling challenges and to meet your demanding business needs.
You Will Learn
- Advanced techniques for handling complex, real life dimensional modeling problems
- How to weigh advantages and disadvantages of design options
- Guidelines for designing complex data marts
- Techniques to keep users involved in the modeling process
- All data modelers and database administrators who have been developing or supporting data warehouses should attend this course. This course is intended to expand their knowledge of modeling techniques beyond the basic concepts. This course is also appropriate for other team members including project manager, staging system developers and end user application designers, including BI developers and data scientists.