Big data, Hadoop, in-memory analytics, Spark, Kafka, self-service BI, fast data, data warehouse automation, analytical database servers, data virtualization, data vault, operational intelligence, predictive analytics, and NoSQL are just a few of the new technologies and techniques that have become available for developing BI systems. Most of them are very powerful and allow for development of more flexible and scalable BI systems. But which ones do you pick?
This seminar gives a clear, extensive, and critical overview of all the new developments and their inter-relationships. Technologies and techniques are explained, market overviews are presented, strengths and weaknesses are discussed, and guidelines and best practices are given.
The biggest revolution in BI is evidently big data. Therefore, considerable time in the seminar is reserved for this intriguing topic. Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Kafka, Hive, NoSQL, SQL-on-Hadoop are all explained. In addition, the relation with analytics is discussed extensively.
You Will Learn
- Trends and the technological developments related to business intelligence, analytics, data warehousing, streaming analytics, and big data
- The value of big data and analytics for organizations
- Which products and technologies are winners and which ones are losers
- How new and existing technologies, such as Hadoop, NoSQL and NewSQL, will help you create new opportunities in your organization
- How more agile data business intelligence systems can be designed
- How to embed big data and analytics in existing business intelligence architectures
- Business intelligence specialists, business analysts
- Data warehouse designers
- Technology planners, technical architects, enterprise architects, solutions architects, data architects
- IT consultants, IT strategists, systems analysts,
- Database developers, database administrators, IT managers