Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Prerequisite: Students must set up their laptops in advance
This full-day practical data science training is designed for participants seeking real-world, hands-on data science skills ranging from data cleaning and prep to building and evaluating predictive models. During this session, participants will perform numerous data science exercises reaching across the entire data science project lifecycle. Participants will use a variety of data preparation and modeling techniques to discover patterns and relationships in data through a modular data pipeline concept.
This practical session emphasizes key predictive modeling techniques, such as classification, regression, and clustering. No preexisting programming knowledge or experience required.
You Will Learn
- How to express business data science objectives in terms of technical goals
- Essential skills to design, build, test, and evaluate predictive models
- Visually create data science pipelines
- Selectively execute basic and advanced analysis steps
- Inspect the results, models, interactive views, and create reports
- Resources, skills, and plans that you can take with you to apply to your next data science project
- Analytics and BI practitioners
- Data scientists
- IT professionals
- Business analysts
- Analytics project leaders
- Technical managers
- Scientists and engineers
Students must bring their own laptop to the class.
Laptop setup is required BEFORE the conference. Instructions will be emailed to registrants prior to the event.
There is no time allotted in class for laptop preparation.
* Enrollment is limited to 40 attendees.