Prerequisite: Basic Python programming. You will need a laptop computer with specific software installed prior to the session. When you register for the class, you will receive detailed instructions for software download and installation.
Data manipulation and cleaning in machine learning is estimated to take more than 50% of the time allotted for a machine learning project. Python is a powerful tool that enables robust manipulation, and cleansing is also leveraged highly in Python. This course will cover topics important in handling structured and unstructured data, as well as scraping data in Python, including using key packages such as Pandas, NumPy, and Matplotlib. Participants will complete exercises to solidify understanding and build skills with the intent of finishing the course with a toolkit that can be leveraged in building Python manipulation and cleaning skills.
You Will Learn
- Programming review
- Data acquisition via APIs
- Overview of scraping and wrangling
- Cleansing for machine learning
- Leveraging Pandas
- Leveraging NumPy and Matplotlib
- Dealing with strings
- Visualizing results
- Data engineers, data scientists, business and data analysts, project managers
- Roles that need insight into best practices and techniques related to data understanding and preparation
Instructions will be emailed to registrants prior to the event to prepare your laptop BEFORE the conference. There is no time allotted in class for laptop preparation.