Level: Beginner to Intermediate
There are many categories of enterprise analytics but they all have one thing in common—they require human interaction to realize value. Data visualization is the user experience aspect of that interaction.
This session explores the user-related criteria for analytics success. You will start with properly identifying and understanding the objectives of the users and work right through securing stakeholder buy-in. This hands-on session includes a series of real-world case studies that highlight both successes and pitfalls of data visualization projects.
You Will Learn
- The primary causes of failed analytics efforts and why data visualization matters
- An enterprise-tested process for getting user input
- Techniques for engaging with users and winning them over
- Real-world applications and examples
- A successful approach to increasing stakeholder buy-in
- A process for taking high-level business objectives and marrying them to available data
- Criteria for prioritizing data visualization endeavors
- A means of evaluating your analytics maturity
- Data scientists
- Business analysts
- IT professionals
- BI and analytics developers
- Managers with a need to use data for decision making
- Anyone who wants to move the needle on the business using data
TDWI LIVE STUDIO AUDIENCE:
This session will be recorded for development of an online learning course which will subsequently be available for purchase directly or via subscription. By attending, you agree that your likeness may appear in the online course, including audio and video.