Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Many analytics projects start well-intentioned with much energy and effort, only to be found languishing a year on with little adoption on the front lines of the business. This session deals with the user experience factors, data visualizations, and strategies that can be employed to improve successful adoption of analytics endeavors—specifically those that involve a user interacting with the outputs.
This session takes a practical approach to addressing these problems, beginning right from project inception with user engagement through to the completion of the project. We will also address user adoption and sharing of insights to ensure an iterative lifecycle that continually evolves to user needs.
You Will Learn
- Core data visualization principles to apply to analytics requirements gathering
- Key steps to operationalize insights
- The iterative approach to dashboard releases
- Sharing and collaboration best practices
- Available tools and the “art of the possible”
- Developing an adoption strategy and change management
- Managing up and managing down
- Bringing IT and the business together
- Reasons why sharing and gamification matter
- Data scientists
- Business analysts
- IT professionals
- BI and analytics developers
- Managers with a need to use data for decision making
- Anyone who wants to move the needle on the business using data
TDWI LIVE STUDIO AUDIENCE:
This session will be recorded for development of an online learning course which will subsequently be available for purchase directly or via subscription. By attending, you agree that your likeness may appear in the online course, including audio and video.