“Throw the baby out with the bath water!”
That’s what you hear from new, disruptive hardware and software platform vendors—but your existing data warehouse environment still serves an important role in BI and analytics. You can certainly bring in these new technologies but they will not (yet) replace your existing environment. Each of these new components has its role and purpose. The key is to understand when, where and how to incorporate them appropriately.
This presentation focuses on this new, extended data warehouse architecture and the need to support robust and easy-to-maintain access to <em>all</em> data for effective decision making. We discuss the challenges involved in changing your architecture and the best practices to ensure easy access to—and deployment of—these new technologies.
Attendees Will Learn
- Disruptive technological trends for BI, and their benefits and challenges
- An overview of the extended architecture for a modern BI environment
- The critical architectural pieces that ensure successful access to and deployment of BI data assets
- Use cases for the extended architecture
- Best practices for extending your data warehouse architecture