Big data and self-service analytics tools have blasted a huge hole in traditional BI delivery models. Power has shifted from the corporate BI team to leaders of business units who are hiring their own resources to build and deploy reporting and analytics capabilities.
To stay relevant in this fast-changing world of data, BI leaders need a new vision for how to engage and support the business. This session will describe organizational, data, and analytical architectures that can help organizations master self-service analytics and big data technologies while maintaining sufficient governance and control to ensure data and business alignment.
You Will Learn
- The dynamics driving a wedge between business and IT and how to overcome them
- How to create a business analytics center of excellence that really works
- How to create a federated BI organization that turns the BI team from order takers to strategic partners
- How to map users to analytics and data tools
- How to foster self-service analytics while ensuring standards for data consistency and quality
- Multiple methods for engaging the business and ensuring seamless delivery of data and reports
- How to create a data architecture that supports self-service data access within a governed framework