This full-day course examines the trends in data warehouse deployment and developments in advanced technology. The implications of these technology developments for data warehouse implementations will be discussed, with examples in future architecture and deployment.
We will cover best practices for deployment of a next-generation data warehouse implementation as the realization of business intelligence for a real-time enterprise. A true enterprise data warehouse must export decision-making capabilities throughout an organization.
In addition, this course presents the use of service-oriented architecture (SOA) to deploy decisioning services both within an organization and to users outside of traditional organizational boundaries. We will explore emerging trends related to extended analysis using content from Web 3.0 applications and other nontraditional data sources.
You Will Learn
- Storage and processing technologies
- Cloud computing and virtualization
- Agile data warehousing methodologies
- Data acquisition and delivery
- The real-time enterprise
- New programming paradigms such as MapReduce/Hadoop
- Social network analysis
- Analysis using non-traditional data types
- Analytic applications architecture
- eXtreme Data Warehousing (XDW)
- Data warehouse architects