Indiana University (IU) launched an ambitious initiative to transform decision-making across the university in mid-2015. IU faced the challenge of providing timely, relevant, and accurate information to improve decision-making across the large multi-campus university. Join us and hear how IU created a data-informed culture with Agile BI, including how IU is:
- Building a BI foundation with data virtualization (Denodo Platform),
- Delivering products rapidly with Agile development methods,
- Enabling consistent data governance and metadata (Data Cookbook),
- Creating data visualizations to answer the key questions for the University (Tableau), and
- Designing self-service BI to empower the University decision-makers (Denodo Data Catalog).
Software Engineer and Agile Coach,
Joanne Wilhelm is a Software Engineer and Agile Coach for the Decision Support Initiative at Indiana University (IU). Since 2005 she worked within University Information Technology Services, IU’s central IT organization, focused on building and delivering enterprise business intelligence, analytics, and data warehouse services. Prior to this, she held positions in data analysis, planning, finance, and budgeting. Joanne has degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Indiana University in IT and finance. She is an enthusiastic member of TDWI.