Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Data visualization can make the most complex story understandable. In fact, pictures can take the learner to a deep level of understanding in a truly accelerated manner. Executed correctly, the journey of learning the story of the data from pictures is both memorable and relevant.
During this workshop you will learn how to apply data visualization to tell stories that both amuse and educate your audience. To do this, we will follow the three steps of data visualization presentation: setting the story, the random walk of the data, and finally the memorable conclusion. To demonstrate this, you will see presentations of real-world data stories showing the application of these powerful steps.
You Will Learn
- What is data visualization and when it should be applied
- How to access your audience
- How to set a story correctly
- How to guide the random walk through a data visualization
- Building the conclusion
- Anybody who works with data and asks the question "how can I make this data talk?" This seminar will appeal to a wide range of backgrounds from pure data science to marketing analytics and from BI implementation teams to end users.