Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Businesses typically use multiple dashboard technologies, each having its own portal and features. It can be challenging for users to access dashboards if they don’t have permission, access, or even knowledge of where to find the information they need. That makes access to insight a technology-dependent paradigm. This is further compounded by departmental and geographic silos.
This session introduces the rapidly emerging world of analytics/BI portals as a means of accessing all the dashboards in an organization, irrespective of technology, location, and department. The result is improving ROI on data investments and increasing the potential for user adoption. It covers the key elements needed in a successful portal and related processes to ensure sufficient mechanisms for user access, discovery, and feedback.
You Will Learn
- Why are analytics/BI portals different from typical knowledge management platforms
- The sharing ecosystem
- Evaluating portals
- Consolidating content, from dashboards to training materials
- The specific challenges faced by dashboard portals
- Features required to enable adoption
- How to quickly build your own dashboard portal
- The importance of a mechanism for user feedback
- A process for maximizing dashboards within the portal
- IT professionals
- Managers with a need to use data for decision making