Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Prerequisite: The course assumes that the attendee has some experience with Tableau and programming languages.
Tableau is a leading visualization and analysis tool that can be leveraged in multiple stages of data exploration and data science processes. Data analysts and data scientists often use Tableau in the data understanding and preparation phases of their analytics activities and also use it to evaluate machine learning models.
This session will explore how Tableau is used in these data analysis phases. This session will also explore integration with R and Python to expedite the data science process.
You Will Learn
- How to leverage Tableau for data exploration to include hierarchies, cross tabs, parameters, filters, level of detail, table calculations, and interactive dashboards
- How to leverage time series analysis in Tableau
- How to use clustering visualization in Tableau
- How to use script operators to integrate with R
- How to use script operators to integrate with Python
- How to integrate Tableau with R and Python to visualize prediction results
- Data analysts
- Data scientists
- Business analysts
- Project managers
- Project leaders
Students must bring their own laptop to the class.
Laptop setup is required BEFORE the conference. Instructions will be emailed to registrants prior to the event.
There is no time allotted in class for laptop preparation.