Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Prerequisite: Laptop and Power BI License (see below)
Cloud Solution Architect – Data & AI
Power BI has taken the position as the number one self-service BI tool. It achieved that position because it can create excellent dashboards and integrate with other tools in the Microsoft ecosystem.
This hands-on course will take you from a beginner to an intermediate Power BI user. You will learn how to acquire data efficiently using Power Query, build compelling dashboards in Power BI, integrate Power BI with Microsoft Excel, and use tools such as the Copilot for Power BI, DAX Studio, and the Tabular Editor to drastically increase your report development efficiency.
You Will Learn
- Basic Power BI report development techniques such as auto-creating a report from scratch and basic report authoring in the Power BI Service
- Data acquisition techniques with Power Query
- Intermediate Power BI report development techniques such as creating reporting themes, authoring DAX measures, and using advanced development tools such as Tabular Editor
- How to integrate Power BI data models in Microsoft Excel
- How to use Copilot with Power BI
- BI developers
- Data analysts
- Data scientists
- Business analysts
- Basic data analysis and report development skills
Students must bring their laptops to class, with the following software installed:
- Power BI Desktop
- Microsoft Excel
- DAX Studio
- Tabular Editor
Licenses will NOT be provided.
* Enrollment is limited to 30 attendees.