An increasing number of BI organizations are looking for more scalable, maintainable, and cost-efficient solutions to enable analytics for a wider variety of users. The public cloud promises nearly unlimited scalability, low barriers to entry, and less up-front capital requirements. However, concerns over data security, network latency, and vendor lock-in are still very valid, especially in BI. Understanding the challenges and differences of working in the cloud will help ensure your journey is successful. In this session, we’ll discuss the benefits of leveraging the cloud for data management and analytics, architectural options for your cloud solution, requirements for managing the cloud environment, and steps you can take to keep your data secure. Note: the examples are primarily focused on the Amazon Cloud (AWS), but most of the concepts can be applied across different cloud vendors.
You Will Learn
- The benefit and challenges of leveraging the public cloud for data management andanalytics
- Architectural considerations for deploying in the cloud
- ETL patterns for the cloud
- Ideas for effectively managing your cloud environment
- Data security in the cloud
- The costs of working in the cloud