Central Time CT
We’re drowning in data. We’ve got data marts, data warehouses, cloud applications, big data systems, and lots of different tools. Our technology budgets continue to grow, but we still have data issues: we can’t find the data, we misuse data, we use the wrong data, we have multiple copies of data, and on and on.
Most people agree that data is a corporate asset, but there’s little discussion about how to ensure that data is being managed and used effectively. While most IT organizations are prepared to discuss their strategy with technology platforms, tools, and methodologies, few are equipped to discuss their goals and strategy for corporate data.
A successful data strategy isn’t just about data management, naming standards, or governance methods. A successful data strategy aligns with the company’s goals and supports business execution details while simplifying (and improving) the use of the company’s data assets. In this class, Evan Levy will discuss the details and review the activities that go into building a comprehensive data strategy.
Register today to learn the steps to build a company's data strategy in this course.
You Will Learn
- The key components of an enterprise data strategy
- Aligning the strategy with your company’s goals and priorities
- Discussing the key tactical enablers that can elevate the visibility of a data strategy initiative
- Identifying the stakeholders and determining their role in supporting the strategy
- Suggested approaches and techniques for conducting stakeholder interviews along with sample questions
- The analysis and construction activities involved in building your company’s data strategy
- Understanding the alternatives and determining the best fit for your company
- CIOs and chief data officers
- Program managers
- Data governance staff
- Data management staff
- Business/data analysts
- Data stakeholders
- Business sponsors