Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Active metadata is a critical development area to start planning and implementing today in order to realize future benefits of data fabric and other AI advancements in data management. Capitalizing on this new approach to metadata will improve the treasure trove of data necessary to build performant AI and ML models for better and faster data management functions. Further, the ability to embed and activate metadata within applications will support user workflows and business processes.
Understanding the best ways to capture metadata automatically at scale can then be followed by activating metadata to increase data observability, improve data quality and governance awareness, and ultimately build a trusted data architecture that can accelerate and improve decision-making in the business. Accumulating metadata will then lead to activating data fabrics and AI-driven data management.
You Will Learn
- How metadata has evolved and finally become a priority to deliver business value
- What constitutes active metadata, and how to start utilizing it today
- How data catalogs and DataOps intertwine with active metadata
- The importance of a data fabric strategy to guide your efforts in the coming years
- Data and analytics leaders
- CDOs and CIOs
- Data architects
- Data engineers