Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Analytics Consultant and Instructor
Data visualization has rapidly become a critical part of business analytics and business communications. Without visualization, the numbers and statistics of analytics are difficult to interpret and incomprehensible to many who need to turn data into knowledge. The advent of big data, with the increasing volume and velocity of data, requires visualization as a technique to compress large volumes of data into digestible presentations and to observe streaming data in motion.
Elegant and well-designed data visualizations often appear to be easy because skilled visual developers are able to hide the complexities and the hard work behind the scenes. Business intelligence and business analytics professionals need to communicate as effectively in visual forms as they do with their verbal and written communication skills. Get started by learning the fundamentals of data visualization.
This is part of an optional Data Literacy Bootcamp. Learn more about the courses offered, or attend this individual course.
You Will Learn
- Visualization as a communication medium
- Preparing data for visualization
- Components of visualization
- Choosing and using charts and graphs
- Visual exploration and analysis
- Visual design techniques
- Extending visualization with infographics
- Visual storytelling
- Data visualization tools
- Business analysts and data analysts
- Data scientists and analytics modelers
- Business analytics leaders and managers
- BI leaders and managers
- Anyone who uses data to develop charts and graphs for communication