Organizations do not need a big data strategy—they need a business strategy that incorporates big data. Most organizations lack a road map for using big data to optimize key business processes, deliver a differentiated customer experience, or uncover new business opportunities. They do not understand what's possible with respect to integrating big data into the business model.
In this session we will discuss the transformative potential of big data and introduce the Big Data Business Model Maturity Index as a guide for helping organizations understand where and how they can leverage data and analytics to power their business models. We will share worksheets for assessing the business value and implementation feasibility with respect to the organization’s big data use cases.
You Will Learn
- Techniques to identify data sources that will yield better predictors or enablers of business performance
- Methodologies for breaking down your organization’s key business initiatives into its supporting data, analytics, and technology strategy
- A process for developing an actionable big data business strategy that goes from "what the organization wants to do” to “how we do it”
- How to use a "Thinking Like A Data Scientist" process, with an accompanying worksheet
- How to understand the roles of data science and the data lake in supporting your big data business strategy
- Business executives and business management who need to identify where and how data and analytics can power the business