Prerequisite: This course is hands-on. In order to participate in this course, all attendees are required to bring their own laptops. Program download and setup instructions will be sent upon registration for the course.
Hadoop has created a lot of buzz. From data warehousing to advanced analytics, our enterprise data and processing infrastructure is being reshaped by Hadoop technology. The question is no longer if you’ll have Hadoop, but how best to approach it for both business and technical value.
This class offers a hands-on learning experience working with the Hadoop ecosystem. Using a series of examples and exercises for each topic, you’ll experience the Hadoop tools firsthand and strengthen your learning with discussion about how to implement them.
You Will Learn
- Hadoop components and architecture
- Configuration of Hadoop
- Configuration of core components (MapReduce, HDFS, Yarn)
- Usage of Hadoop tools (HBase, Hive, Pig, Mahout, Impala)
- ZooKeeper setup and configuration
- Hadoop administration and management
- Anyone with an interest in Hadoop, ranging from “Hadoop curious” to those who are actively involved in implementation
Attendance is limited to 40.