The advent and growth of easy-to-use, business-focused BI products requiring little technical knowledge has changed the world of BI forever. These “horses of a different color” do not fit traditional implementation models, creating both problems and opportunities for BI practitioners at all levels.
In this half day session, you will be introduced to a framework for the creation of a BI center of excellence (CoE) designed to sustainably scale your BI programs, manage change, grow collaboration across disciplines, and align people, processes, and resources to company goals. The model may be used across analytics teams, vendor-based programs, datavizgroups and other disciplines to manage the challenges, opportunities and explosive growth you will inevitably face in the new world of BI and analytics.
You Will Learn
- Common problems across all sizes or industries
- Frameworks for success in the new world of BI
- How to engage your executives for active participation
- Common mistakes which you should avoid
- Understanding different motivations and perspectives to drive collaboration
- Measuring the success of your activities
- Branding and promoting the work
- The importance of differentiation
- C-level execs, business and technical leaders, and internal evangelists who recognize that BI has changed and have the will and influence to change their future