Building a roadmap for modern and cloud-based data and analytics requires new ways of thinking about platforms and pipelines with services to fully leverage the value the cloud has to offer. The mandate to become a data-centric company may have been set a decade or more ago; it is time to refresh not only the architecture to support modern data needs but also the core elements of your data strategy and roadmap. Cloud and hybrid architectures facilitate modern data capabilities, but must be approached within the context of a broader data strategy.
Rooted in understanding the principles and frameworks first, architects can assess their current architecture and develop a modernization strategy that advances technology, fills current gaps, and plans for new skills and roles necessary to manage an enterprise-class data environment. This tutorial includes recent updates on features within AWS, Azure, and Google cloud services for analytics architectures.
You Will Learn
- A conceptual architecture for enterprise analytics capabilities
- A logical reference architecture for data platforms and engineering
- Top 5 mistakes to avoid in cloud migration for analytics
- Strategy and roadmaps for cloud migration
- New skill sets required for the cloud