Level: Intermediate to Advanced
This course will provide you with a framework for large-scale migration initiatives across the enterprise. It is based on best practices born from decades of experience moving legacy systems onto modern platforms, with techniques that support five core objectives:
- Focus on user communities to educate stakeholders and entice their interest in a modern platform. Community focus begins by conducting interactive workshops to demonstrate legacy migration use cases and stimulate discussion of the value of data science and business intelligence.
- Careful examination of the legacy code and applications and the user communities they support.
- Identification and accommodation of business objectives and constraints by providing multiple alternatives to migrate.
- Ensure the successful migrations of user communities through change management and technical support.
- Acknowledge that your migration effort is not operating in a vacuum. We often must coordinate and collaborate with parallel initiatives in data migration and governance.
- This framework provides a business-sensitive approach to migration by explicitly acknowledging business risks and constraints, and it provides techniques to meet each core objective.
You Will Learn
- The value of migrating to a modern cloud architecture for analytics
- Steps for conducting internal vision workshops to better leverage cloud analytics for competitive advantage for your organization
- How to create and execute readiness and impact assessments for prioritizing your migration effort
- The various migration options available and their unique objectives
- The scope of migration within the context of other initiatives
Decision makers who define or impact future architecture, including:
- Business executives
- Data scientists
- IT executives
- Data management professionals
- Data architects, application architects, and enterprise architects
- Program managers