The world of big data creates new opportunities for companies in search of innovation, but it also brings new challenges. Big data applications drive new revenue models, providing deeper and richer views of business processes and customers. These new technologies take data-driven insights far beyond traditional data management paradigms and cause companies to reevaluate privacy policies, regulatory and compliance best practices, security, and how best to manage issues surrounding sensitive data collected in big data applications. This class explores ways to identify issues in a proactive manner and helps you understand how to manage a new arena of data-driven insights and actions.
You Will Learn
- Best practices and policies to manage big data insights
- About interesting and innovative big data use cases involving privacy and regulatory compliance
- How to identify exposure and minimize risk in big data projects
- Mistakes to avoid when managing personally identifiable information and regulated data such as HIPAA information
- How leading companies achieve competitive advantage leveraging new data sources such as social media and simultaneously mitigate the challenges they represent
- Data professionals tasked with implementing big data projects and business executives responsible for customer privacy, data security, or compliance