The world of data management has changed radically in recent years. Long-standing practices that worked well in the simple world of on-premises RDBMS no longer meet today’s data management needs. Big data, cloud, NoSQL, self-service analytics, data lake architecture, and more have shaken the foundations of data management—think of it as the “data quake.” In the post-quake era we must rethink data management and remake data management practices with attention to agility, adaptability, collaboration, and resilience.
You Will Learn
- Data architecture and topology in the age of data lakes
- Data quality management in the world of big data
- Data modeling in the age of NoSQL
- Data governance in a self-service world
- Data pipelines and data services
- Data curation and cataloging