Big data has become the new normal. Every organization wants to know how to properly integrate this new type of data and the associated infrastructure changes that need to be implemented to make it successful. There are a slew of new technologies to help us leverage the power of big data, and with these new visualization and analytics tools big data has become vital for driving business insight. The big question is how to engage in this journey and develop a successful big data strategy? This requires a roadmap to plan, build, and execute. This session will include exercises and worksheet-driven use cases.
In this session, we will discuss:
- What the roadmap will look like and how we need to think about it differently from our traditional data strategy.
- How to use this roadmap as a bottleneck identifier and provide opportunities for mitigation of risks and opportunities.
- How to execute a proof of concepts for implementing technologies like Hadoop, NoSQL, BigQuery, IBM Watson Analytics, Drill, Tableau, R and more.
- Understand key aspects including analytical requirements, governance, teams, skills and training needed.
- How to get executive level buy-in on your big data roadmap.
- Enterprise architects and data warehouse architects; developers; anyone who wants to learn about big data strategies.